Signs of an Abusive Relationship and How to Get Help:
Does the person you love…
- Constantly keep track of your time?
- Act jealous and possessive?
- Accuse you of being unfaithful or flirting?
- Discourage your relationships with friends and family?
- Prevent or discourage you from working, interacting with friends or attending school?
- Constantly criticize or belittle you?
- Control all finances and force you to account for what you spend? (reasonable cooperative budgeting excepted.)
- Humiliate you in front of others? (including “jokes” at your expense.)
- Destroy or take your personal property or sentimental items?
- Have affairs?
- Threaten to hurt you, your children or pets? Threaten to use a weapon?
- Push, hit, slap, punch, kick, or bite you or your children?
- Force you to have sex against your will, or demand sexual acts you are uncomfortable with?
Getting out of an abusive relationship isn’t easy,
but help is out there!
Call 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE) or go to Help Guide