The Los Angeles House of Ruth supports up to 16 families simultaneously and over the years has helped hundreds of mothers launch new beginnings that led to successful, healthy lives for them and their children.
|Case management||Emergency shelter|
|Child care||Crisis intervention|
|Education planning & placement||Counseling & therapy|
|Health screening & education||Transitional housing|
|Emergency shelter||Social service referrals|
|Goal setting||Parenting training|
Life skills training:
Parenting, Money Management, Goal Setting, Nutrition & Cooking Skills, Clothing, Furniture & apartment set up for permanent housing.
Permanent housing placement & move-in assistance.
- 4 houses located in Boyle Heights near downtown Los Angeles
- Full kitchens to prepare & provide nutritious meals & snacks
- Staff includes Licensed Clinical Social Workers, childcare staff, case managers, night & weekend staff. Many staff are former clients
- On-site health screenings with immediate referrals to nearby clinics & hospitals
- Partnerships with the adult education including the LAUSD Skills Center, Puente Learning Center, drug and rehab service agencies, child care training agencies, and others
- Indoor & outdoor play facilities for the children
- Educational & recreational field trips